For the last two months, I have been working as a beta tester for Scrivener for iOS. The time has finally arrived and Scrivener for iOS it is available July 20th to the general public. And it is awesome! You may remember several years ago when I wrote that Scrivener had tripled my writing productivity and also made it possible to finish and publish Wine Sense. Well the good team at Literature & Latte have done it again with Scrivener for iOS. Since using it as an early beta tester, it has proven to further increase my productivity and provide writing ap usable any where and any time.
First the facts:
- Available July 20, 2016
- Costs US$ 19.99
- Requires iOS 9.0+ and will run on any iOS device
- Syncing with Dropbox in a tight, highly-integrated manner (conflict resolution, changed data syncs only, etc.) is provided with desktop version updates to Scrivener Mac 2.8 and Scrivener Windows 1.9 which will be released prior to July 20
I have tested Scrivener for iOS on my new iPad Pro 9.7, iPad mini, iPhone 6S+ and even my very old iPad 2 and it works brilliantly across all devices. Scrivener for iOS is one of the best apps on my iPhone and iPad and has turned my iPad into a true content-creation device.
So what do I love about Scrivener for iOS? EVERYTHING! But let’s get into some key features and benefits.
- I used to define my writing concepts and outline manuscripts with a mind-mapping app or in Evernote (my creativity was far better working off an iPad in a comfortable location than in my office and at my desktop). Now I do it directly with Scrivener on iPad
- I can easily perform useful editing and research tasks wherever I am without having to carry my laptop around with me
- No matter where I make a change, it is reflected on all devices and platforms
- Scrivener for iOS uses iOS features such as gestures, split screen, and expanded keyboard to improve the UI and writing productivity
- Scrivener for iOS can be used standalone on your iOS device or as a complimentary tool to the desktop versions for Mac and Windows; if you already use desktop Scrivener, you will love Scrivener for iOS and if you decide to buy and try Scrivener for iOS, I expect you will then get a desktop version also
- It is dirt-cheap for all the power, functionality and benefits you get!
I will be writing a number of posts over the next several weeks on Scrivener for iOS, including an overview of the Scrivener for iOS and other Scrivener-related training courses I am launching soon.